Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Progress marches on

My daughter continues to grow. She has grown about an inch at least in the last month and a half. I know some kids grow six inches overnight but we never fell into that category.

She also continues to adapt to the shots. When we first began this process we mocked the girl on the instructional video who cheerily says that the shots become "just as easy as brushing your teeth" (or something like that. Definitely mentions tooth brushing). But you know... it kind of is true. That hardly happens the first day or even the first month, but it does become so routine. Doesn't take very long, either. A few months ago I was cooking and set the kitchen timer for 3 minutes. During that time I got out the shot and its accoutrements, set it up and administered it and the buzzer hadn't yet gone off.

I still wish we didn't have to do this at all. I still wish there were 80 year olds who had started doing Genotropin as kids and were healthy, strong bones, cancer-free etc. But so far so good, given what we know.

No comments: